Previously, a group of women gathered to speak on the experiences and stereotypes of black moms and answered the following questions:
- What stereotypes do you face?
- Do you get the same respect as other young moms?
- How are you breaking generational curses and dismantling stereotypes?
- Is it hard to learn and act out being a modern submissive wife?
As racial tensions continue to rise in 2020, many are coming together to fight against racial injustice. Conversations reveal real experiences centered around true injustices. It is only through hearing these conversations and acknowledging these experiences that America can move forward and begin to repair damage done with either covert or overt racism.
In Black Moms Chat 2, three beautiful, young black moms and I discuss our first hand accounts of the following from personal perspectives:
- Do you experience racism?
- How do you discipline your children?
- Have your children experienced racism?
- Have you been mistreated by medical professionals?
How would you have answered those question? What do you think our country can do to heal from years of racial injustice?
Leave your email so that I can send more mom insight straight to your inbox.
Need some more information on navigating motherhood in the midst of all the racial injustice in the world? Here are some more of my favorites: